Meet weekly with your expert ADHD coach, paired with support throughout the week
Experiment with new skills, improved routines, and personalized systems to help you grow
Learn more about your unique ADHD brain and how to best work with it instead of against it
Shimmer is the #1 ADHD coaching service for adults with ADHD or executive function challenges, created by and for adults with ADHD. We match members with expert ADHD coaches, creating a supportive partnership that will help our members build a life they love 💖 We’ve collaborated with the top ADHD experts, coaches & clinicians to create our science-backed methodology, and have had the privilege of supporting thousands of adults with ADHD in their journey to date.
Shimmer’s ADHD coaching is about change. We help you achieve change in any (and often all) domains of your life, with a keen eye on ADHD-specific challenges. We practice a solution-focused, health coaching model with an emphasis on observable actions & behaviors. Shimmer’s ADHD Coaching Program looks at the key dimensions where life takes place for people with ADHD:
- ⏰ Time: managing the past, present, and future
- ⭕ Done: starting, following through, and finishing things
- ⏯️ Pause: emotional regulation
Our ADHD coaches partner with you to co-design a plan that helps you achieve your goals. You'll experiment with strategies on a weekly basis to implement a routine fit specifically for you.
Tactically, each coach-member partnership begins with vision & goal setting, followed by a weekly cadence of experimentation & reflection cycle, delivered through:
- real-human guidance & accountability on a frequent basis,
- science-backed methods (ADHD-focused classic & third-wave CBT)
- modern application of psychological sciences (prospective, positive, health, neuro-)
- personalized experiments of strategies that work for ADHD brains
Shimmer is for people with ADHD or struggling with executive function challenges. We’re for those who are ready to make a change and take real action to reach their goals. We’re for those ready to put in the work. Typically our members fall into 3 categories: those (with ADHD) who:
1. are newly diagnosed or looking to understand their ADHD better: we provide psycho-education and guidance for you to understand ADHD & how it impacts your life
2. have concrete executive function skills they’d like to improve on and are looking for guidance to follow through: we provide the critical knowledge, resources, guidance, support, and accountability so that you actually implement the changes (routines, skills, tools) that will help you reach your goals
3. know they can achieve more and aren’t living at their potential but can’t pinpoint exactly where the issue lies: we use an ACT-based (acceptance commitment therapy/coaching) methodology to help you identify your values and help you live in line with them
The most common areas of change or goals our members come with and we specialize in supporting are:
- Achieving the full potential you know you have
- Building systems, routines, and skills to combat ADHD symptoms
- Uncovering unique individual strengths that can be used to achieve life goals
- Creating & maintaining achievable goals that move you further
- ADHD / executive function challenges: Time management, prioritization, working memory, starting / following through / completing projects
- Finding & thriving in ADHD-friendly careers
- Advocating for accommodations at work
- Building knowledge and awareness around your ADHD
- Becoming more productive at workWork-life balance
- Emotional support (e.g. Rejection Sensitivity Dysphoria, low self esteem, imposter syndrome, etc.)
- Organizing & decluttering the home
- …and much more!
All of our Shimmer ADHD Coaches are licensed or certified mental health professionals or have extensive experience with ADHD & undergo our Shimmer Coach Training program developed alongside our clinical advisors Dr. Amin Azzam (MD, MA), Dr. Anil Chacko (PhD), and our Head ADHD Coaching Psychologist Xenia Angevin.
Shimmer is designed to fit into your schedule — not the other way around. Your coach will design and schedule your tasks based on what's realistic for you and can make changes during the week to accommodate your busy life.
We understand that life doesn't always go according to plan. Shimmer members can cancel or reschedule a coaching video call without penalty 24 hours in advance. If cancellation is within 24 hours, the session will be forfeited for the week. Thank you for your understanding!
Yes you can! We are HSA/FSA/HRA-eligible.
This means if you have a Health Savings Account, Flexible Savings Account, or Health Reimbursement Arrangement with your employer, you can pay for Shimmer using your card from one of these accounts. You can also submit our invoices for reimbursement to your provider if you forget to use the card provided by them for your subscription.
Some providers may require you to submit a letter of necessity for this expense, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any help with getting your subscription reimbursed by your HSA/FSA/HRA provider!
We charge $115, $230, or $345 per month (depending on the tier you’re looking for) for our coaching service, but you can pause or cancel at any time through the app or by emailing us at email@example.com.
We’re so glad you’re interested! We’re looking for licensed coaches (ICF or NBHWC preferred) or licensed mental health professionals (e.g., PhD, PsyD, LCSW, LMFT, etc.) specializing in ADHD. Shimmer coaches are passionate to help others, kind & empathetic, and most of us are living with ADHD ourselves. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll see if it’s a good fit.
Enter your email to download the free PDF of our ADHD Starter Pack